Are you going on vacation? Here is a guide to the best Sicilian beaches
Sicily offers a unique panorama and wonderful beaches, one of a kind. If you are looking for special and unforgettable places for your holiday, Sicily certainly has a lot to offer you. With its secluded bays, white sand beaches and crystal clear waters, Sicily is one of the most beautiful islands in the Mediterranean.
The fine sand, the crystalline sea but also the luxurious beaches of Sicily will offer you an experience that you will not easily forget. Sicily offers a wide choice of beautiful places to go. The Mediterranean is a paradise of beauty, but Sicily has its own particular charm. It is a place where you can get lost in its natural beauty, enjoying the sun and the sea, but also explore its historical and cultural heritage.
The beaches in this region are all beautiful but there are a few in particular that you absolutely cannot miss. If you are planning your trip, here is a guide to the best Sicilian beaches that we absolutely recommend you to see.
The Region possesses a considerable coastal extension, visitors can enjoy over 1,637 kilometers of coastline with numerous bays and inlets to choose from. Here are some of the most beautiful beaches in Sicily:
- Riserva dello Zingaro : the reserve belonging to the Trapani coast and extends as far as San Vito Lo Capo. Here you will find the most beautiful beaches in the region such as Cala Tonnarella Dell'Uzzo, Cala dell’Uzzo, Cala Marinella and Cala Mazzo di Sciacca.
- Selinunte beach - here you will find the famous Marinella beach characterized by a fantastic natural landscape full of dunes and wide vegetation. The beach is located a short distance from the archaeological park of Selinunte .
- The most famous beach in Sicily is certainly that of Mondello , located near Palermo (11 km). Today Mondello beach is a popular spot for sun worshipers who come here to lie on the sand, swim in crystal clear waters or have fun. These are the most crowded beaches during the summer.
- San Vito Lo Capo is another splendid Sicilian seaside destination, with its promenade lined with palm trees and hotels overlooking an expanse of golden sand and turquoise sea. The local waters are rich in marine life, making them a great place for diving. The long stretch of fine sand is lined with palm trees, which give this beach a tropical feel. This beach is also known for its crystal clear waters, which make it almost heavenly. If you want some shade, take a walk along one of the many paths that lead to the surrounding areas. You will find picnic areas with trees and benches where you can sit and enjoy your lunch while looking at the sea.
- Don't forget to head near the city of Catania and enjoy the sun at La Playa di Catania or Aci Trezza .
- For an unforgettable experience you can also go to the Giardini Naxos beach just 4 km from Taormina . These are popular tourist destinations, so expect some crowds during the high season (July and August). Taormina is a tourist city known for its beautiful views and rich history. The city overlooks the Ionian Sea, and offers spectacular views from every angle. The main attraction of Taormina are its beaches, surrounded by cliffs and rock formations that offer extraordinary photographic opportunities. All-inclusive hotels in Taormina offer private access to the beach, so it's easy to spend time relaxing or swimming in these crystal clear waters.
How to get around Sicily?
If you have planned your trip to Sicily you should also carefully consider how to get around. The overcrowding of the summer period makes it particularly inconvenient to use public transport. You should really consider renting a car in order to move independently and visit all the most beautiful areas of Sicily.
car rental is the perfect solution as it allows you to travel without constraints and without stress.
Car rental Catania, Palermo, Trapani, Comiso and much more
Would you like to rent a car but you don't know who to trust? Choose Prime Car Rental! We have numerous operational offices located throughout the Sicilian territory.
We offer a car rental service in Catania , Palermo, Trapani, Comiso and much more! We are located at the major ports and airports in the region. With Car Rental Prime, you can collect and deliver the car wherever you want! Also in two different locations in order to facilitate your travel itinerary.
With us car rental is without credit card!
With Autonoleggio Prime you get a car rental service without a credit card and without security deposits! We also accept cash payment directly on site when collecting the car. With us, car rental is without any complications.
To book a rental car, simply fill out the online booking form by entering the place and date of rental. By clicking on "Estimate" you will see information and prices of the cars available.
If you do not want to pay by credit card, just select a different payment method including cash when you collect the car.
What are you waiting for? Book your rental car in Sicily now! Hurry, availability of our cars for the summer, is about to end!